Sunday, January 16, 2011

Aishwarya Rai at Zee Cine Awards: i missed my family a lot

Aishwarya Rai at Zee Cine Awards: i missed my family a lot : The tired eyes said it all. Actress Aishwarya Rai (that’s the way she signed the autographs) admitted that she’s been unwell and missed her family around her.

“Yes, I am not well at all. I am here to honour a commitment that I made. I always live up to my commitments. I am on antibiotics now,” says Rai-Bachchan moments after her performance at the Zee Cine Awards on Friday evening.

Rai-Bachchan says that in stressful moments like these, the one thing that she misses around her is her family — specially her Pa (Amitabh Bachchan) and husband Abhishek.

“They are in two different locations. Pa is shooting at a location outside Mumbai and Abhishek is in Italy. It would have been great had they been around me. I am definitely missing them. I so wish that they were here to watch me win this award (the Jury’s Choice for the film Guzaarish). It’s a first and I so hoped that they would have been around. But I’m sure they must’ve got to know about it by now,” smiles Rai-Bachchan.

The actress does not mind the interruptions by fans who’ve been waiting for hours to get her autograph or a picture, and indulges them. “It’s the love and affection of fans in moments like these that make all the effort seem worthy. I’m aware thatthey wait to see me, and so small things (like being unwell) don’t matter in times like these,” she explains.

Her recent film Guzaarish, which failed to make an impact at the box-office, is faring well when it comes to winning awards. But Aishwarya is quick to point out that she does not mind thebox-office results of a film if she’s satisfied as an actress.

“My character in Guzaarish was multi-layered. Some people have appreciated it and I’ve been awarded for it. Besides, Sanjay (Leela Bhansali) has given me some of the biggest milestones of my career like Devdas and Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam. He is a director who’s never lost his faith in me. And I want to say that Guzaarish is one of the best gifts that he has given me. The rest of it doesn’t matter as I got to play someone who I’ve been waiting to play for a long time,” says the actress.

No comments:

Post a Comment