Thursday, February 17, 2011

Priyanka Chopra a middle-aged lady in 7 Khoon Maaf?

Priyanka Chopra a middle-aged lady in 7 Khoon Maaf?: It takes an elaborate make-up session to change any actor’s age on screen, but to portray an aged character convincingly requires more than just right looks. Priyanka Chopra understood this well while playing a middle-aged woman in 7 Khoon Maaf.

In the movie, Priyanka’s character ages from 20 to 65 as she marries seven husbands in the course of her life. Priyanka says in an interview with a news agency that playing the middle-aged woman was most tough.

“It was a challenge that Vishal sir gave me. The transformation is very subtle. I observed the women around me and how they carried themselves in a certain age. There is no drastic change in my character. But the interim period of 40s and 50s when she is not young and not so old was the most difficult but Vishal helped me with that,” Priyanka is quoted to have said.

The 28-year-old said what was particularly difficult was to understand the psyche of a middle-aged lady.

“Ageing was not bad, but for me understanding the psyche of my character was very difficult. I had to portray her in a way that everyone empathises with her despite the fact that she kills seven people without remorse,” she said.

The movie has Priyanka paired with seven actors: Neil Nitin Mukesh, John Abraham, Irrfan Khan, Russian actor Aleksandr Dyachenko, Annu Kapoor, Nasseruddin Shah, and his son Vivaan Shah.

The film, directed by Vishal Bhardwaj, releases on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment